9.27.2011

Pause, and Be Happy.

Singing Beach, 2009

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness
and just be happy."
Guillaume Appollnaire


 Last night, while Ben and I were taking a walk around our block, I was reminded in our conversation that we are moving toward the life that we have hoped for and talked about in many dreaming conversations.  In the midst of figuring out what is best for me, for us, and for the future, I realize that I am taking the steps toward a direction that feels good, that feels right.  Going to seminary is something I have always thought would be an unfulfilled dream, and it's good for me to pause and realize that I am doing it - I am living out what I have always hoped - and I am happy doing it.  

I've talked a lot about my projects to be a happier person, inspired by The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.  I have learned and continue to learn so much about myself and about life from the pursuit of deeper happiness.  It is fitting though, that this quote I read this morning is from Gretchen Rubin's daily happiness quote for today (you can sign up for it at her blog: www.happiness-project.com).  In the pursuit of greater happiness, it's necessary that we pause and realize the moments of happiness we experience along the way.  Yesterday was one of those moments for me.  I have happiness in this new direction in my life, in my relationships, my marriage, and my hope that I am following the right path for this time in my life.  Definitely worth the pause, don't you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!