10.24.2011

{[15]} Minute Monday

If you only have 15 minutes today to make your day a little smoother and happier...





... Read a news article about something uplifting.
There are so many news articles about violence, conflict, and war.  Find a positive article to boost your confidence again in the good in all of us! Check out this positive news site: http://amazingnews.org/






... Organize a cluttered space.
I've talked before about the happiness-boost that comes from organizing even a small space.  Something about control and feeling an easy sense of accomplishment, I think... Pick a space (mine was my desk), and actually organize it - and throw as much as possible away! If you haven't used it in awhile, chuck it, because it probably means you don't really need it on your desk.  If you can't get rid of it, at least put it away somewhere in storage so that it's not cluttering visible spaces.  I'm trying hard to do this and really simplify my space!





... Make a list of what you like the most about yourself, and then one "work on". 
As a teacher I used to do this for my students to help them see their progress at least 4 times throughout the year.  Then one day, I realized that it would be helpful for me to do too.  Make a list of all the things you like about yourself and things you think you do well.  Think about what those things say about you - are you a great encourager? A good multi-tasker?  A perfect gift-giver?  Try to focus on that, and find a way to play off of it today.  Then give yourself one "work on" (goal) to develop - it could be to put away your clothes before you go to bed (I might be naming a personal goal), praying during the day for those you need help loving, or leaving notes for your husband in the morning.




... Make a quick and easy fall dessert (and it's healthy!). 
In the fall, I love apples in any form.  This is one of my favorite recipes to whip up for an easy, warm fall snack.  Cut an apple into slices or dice it into squares.  If baking, lay on a baking pan; for microwaving, place in a bowl or plate.  Sprinkle with a little milk, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and a little vanilla.  Microwave for 2-3 minutes on high, or bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.  If you're a whipped cream lover like me, let yourself splurge and top off your apple dessert :)

1 comment:

  1. It's not snowing here but the sky is totally sending out warnings! You can tell it's either going to snow or it's going to be freezing cold here tonight...everything is so gray! But we're not going anywhere so it's ok . Maybe I'll make your apple dessert!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!